Mohsin accepts instructions in all of Chambers’ areas of practice but his experience lies primarily in corporate crime and investigations.
Before transferring to the Bar, Mohsin spent four years as a solicitor in the litigation team of a magic circle firm. During this time, he worked on a number of complex and high profile matters, including large investigations into FTSE 100 companies and financial institutions.
In 2013, Mohsin was appointed as a Judicial Assistant to Lord Sumption and Lord Wilson at the Supreme Court. Mohsin has been a member of the New York Bar since 2010.
Corporate Crime and Investigations
In summer 2017, Mohsin was appointed to the Serious Fraud Office’s Prosecution C Panel. He is currently acting for the Serious Fraud Office in relation to a criminal investigation into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption against a global company.
As a solicitor, Mohsin worked on a number of complex and high profile matters involving alleged corporate criminality, including:
- An SFO investigation into a global financial institution.
- The defence of a large media organisation against civil claims brought as a result of alleged criminal conduct (into which there was a concurrent police investigation).
- The defence of a large investment fund during a Financial Conduct Authority investigation.
In 2014, Mohsin was seconded to the anti-bribery and corruption team of a FTSE 100 company active in the defence sector, during which time he advised on a variety of compliance issues.
Public and Civil Law
As a solicitor Mohsin gained substantial experience of civil litigation including:
- Conducting a public inquiry on behalf of the Department for Transport.
- An ICC arbitration between two large telecommunications companies.
- On-going competition litigation brought against one of the world’s largest payment service providers.
He is currently acting for the Metropolitan Police Service in relation to the ‘undercover police officer’ claims (led by Jonathan Hall QC and Katherine Hardcastle) and is instructed in relation to the public inquiry into undercover policing. During pupillage Mohsin also gained experience in the field of public law and judicial review proceedings.
Mohsin defends and prosecutes in the Crown Court and the Magistrates’ Court; his experience includes assault, robbery, drug offences, sexual offences and road traffic offences. Mohsin prosecutes regularly for the CPS and is a CPS Grade 1 prosecutor.
Before joining the Bar, Mohsin worked for the Ministry of Justice’s Office of Criminal Justice Reform, the Office of the Prosecutor of the UN International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and the Coalition for the International Criminal Court.
Awards and Appointments
- Serious Fraud Office Prosecution C Panel
- Ranked in the Financial Times ‘Outstanding Top Future Leaders’, 2016
- Trustee of Stonewall
- Shortlisted for the Financial Times ‘Most Innovative European In-House Lawyer’, 2015
- Crown Prosecution Service Prosecutor (Grade 1)
Law with European Legal Studies, Keble College, University of Oxford (MA)