6KBW College Hill regularly acts on behalf of States, judicial authorities, government agencies and requested individuals. We have particular expertise in extradition requests involving allegations of financial crime, bribery and corruption.
Our Supreme Court cases on extradition include:
- R (VB) v Westminster Magistrates’ Court: on the use of closed material procedure
- HH & PH v Deputy Prosecutor of the Italian Republic: on the rights of the children of an individual whose extradition was sought
- Norris (No 2) v USA: on the application of Articles 3 and 8 in extradition proceedings
- Dabas v High Court of Justice, Madrid: on European Arrest Warrants and dual criminality
A number of our members contribute to the Extradition and Mutual Legal Assistance Handbook (Oxford University Press).
Mutual legal assistance
We regularly act in cases concerning both incoming and outgoing requests for mutual legal assistance (MLA), on behalf of individuals and prosecuting authorities in the UK and abroad. We advise on all aspects of MLA work, including:
- Transmission of material obtained via MLA
- Investigatory steps in pursuance of MLA requests
- Public law challenges to MLA requests